Top News/Information Sources

Each of us read the news for very different reasons but with an abundance of sources available it allows us to experience the information in a unique manner. With aspirations to become a fashion marketer, staying updated on the latest trends and relevant news arounds the world is pivotal. In times like today, it is not enough to acquire news from one source due to the biases that have formed, but to diversify your intake of information in order to form your own opinions that pertain to your individual morals.

I. My acquaintance with Vogue magazine began when I was a child. I remember often taking my mother's magazines, with its bright and colorful pictures attracting my attention and the smell of gloss paper won my heart forever. With this magazine being a classic for Fashion and Lifestyle, Vogue allows me to stay updated monthly. Vogue is an inspiring magazine, on its pages you can find a lot of useful information, track the latest fashion and beauty trends, while relaxing with a cup of coffee. 


II. When I began to fully understand my passion for fashion marketing, I began to read the Business of Fashion Magazine also known as "BoF". This is a global magazine that includes everything from Fashion Week updates to a job section for fashion companies seeking employees. 


III. Although Twitter was previously my go-to for quick news, I slowly migrated towards Instagram as it allows you to add only wanted news into your feed. I truly shifted to Instagram as my main social media news source during the Black Lives Matter movement as large campaigns and posts were being directed onto the app. It also provides information through the comments and allows for a calmer discussion to absorb diverse responses. 


IV. The New York Times is my main source of unbiased political and international news. The New York Times is known as the news outlet that sets the pace for a majority of the news as they release the important stories quickly and efficiently. Unlike social media networks you don't have to scroll through your friends and other advertisements to find important news. 


V. For all things advertising, I visit Adweek Magazine covering creative content such as campaigns, global advertising, etc. This allows me to watch the shift in our technology first hand while learning on the way. Adweek simplifies the information down to short articles while eliminating advertisements and unwanted details. 



Comments

Popular Posts